$100K Crypto or Dream School?

Hello everyone. I've been semi-involved in crypto since BTC was sub $10, however I was quite young then and never managed to keep much (sadly). I told parents to invest at $80. Then $100. Then again during the subsequent crashes. Argh!

Anyways, I'm finishing up my second year of college at a very good (top 10) public university in the US, however have received an offer to transfer to my dream school (a top 10 school overall in the US) for the final two years of my undergraduate education.

The catch? My state school is under $25,000 for everything per year, and the other institution is near $70,000.

I do have a sizable college fund left from some passed relatives, and I could theoretically afford the $70,000, however it will all but deplete the fund. I have very little interest in graduate school, and I do believe transferring will serve to better my after school prospects, I might have a better plan.

I would like to invest $50,000-$100,000 into the crypto market, and stay at my state university. My education will still be great, albeit slightly less fun/prestigious. I am willing to lose it, moon or nothing. I'm not even being facetious when I say YOLO.

I'm thinking of doing the following (if investing a full $100K)

  • $30,000 BTC
  • $20,000 LTC
  • $20,000 ETH
  • $10,000 XMR
  • $10,000 divided between FCT, NEO, GAS, perhaps GNT.
  • $10,000 various altcoins (gambling for all intents and purposes)

I would store most everything on paper/hardware wallets and HODL.

Am I stupid? Is this a smart split? Anything I'm missing? All feedback is appreciated, and I hope I look back fondly on this post in 2 years.

submitted by /u/Throwmeaway69please
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement