I mistakenly transferred BCH to a BTC address, that almost certainly doesn't have a wallet attached to it. Anything I can do?

I was doing a little bit of late night trading after a few glasses of wine - action 1 / mistake 1

I transferred some of my Bitcoin, held locally to a trading exchange, for future use - action 2

Shortly after, I also decided to purchase some Bitcoin Cash, and wanted to transfer that from the trading exchange, to my locally held wallet - action 3 / mistake 2

The mistake I made was that my stupid ass was not paying proper attention, and I used my trading exchange's account BTC address I had used in action 2 for the "Recipient's" address, instead of my local BCH wallet's address. The damn UI of the BCH wallet doesn't let you select, and copy the address, it only has a "Click here to copy address button", so I hadn't noticed nothing had copied / my clipboard hadn't updated.

Now, I have access to the transaction information, and the recipient address via blockchair.com, and I can see that the transfer to it is the first time it's had any action.

I don't have any real hope tbh, but do I have any option, or recourse here? Is there any place I can go to try and "claim" that address, or something like that? Is there any higher authority or anything like that, to make a claim?

submitted by /u/seaders
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement