Tax Questions

Caveat: I don't know jack about this, so it's a legit question. Not trolling.

1) So, I know the US is calling cryptos property and says you have to pay capital gains on them, but is that appropriate and legal given the decentralized nature of crypto?

2) If it is apropriate and legal, what's the best way to keep track of everything for tax time? If I buy $100 of BTC, then a week later I spend half of that on a trade for XMR, how do I track the value of each? Like, if I should be keeping track of the value in USD of each trade, but the BTC/XMR exchange doesn't have USD, then do I pick some random other exchange to log the BTC/XMR value of USD for that day/time? (to keep track of gains/losses in USD for every single trade)? And come tax time, if I haven't withdrawn anything into USD/fiat, then do I need to give records of anything?

submitted by /u/friiiiiiiime
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement