How much %profit to take when managing someone else's portfolio?

So I convinced my girlfriend, who has quite a bit of money saved up, to put some money into crypto. She invested a couple thousand worth at the worst possible time (ATH sometime in June before ETH flash crash etc) and despite that, is still up a significant amount and has made more money from it than she would have made working all summer (think in the tens of thousands). She is a server (an excellent and very attractive one at that) and makes ridiculous amounts in pure cash tips every weekend. She obviously didn't even know how to buy a bitcoin without my help, but with my guidance has now made considerably more than her TFSA, GIC, RRSP, Mutual fund, and a savings account that earns her 3%. She now sees the potential for real profit and the fact that she can make a real living if she focuses on the crypto market instead of putting her money in those other accounts which are earning her close to nothing.

Having said that, it is clear that she needs a lot of help from someone who knows more what they are doing in order to continue making the gains that she is making.

What I am trying to figure out, is how much of a cut I should be taking for managing her trades, provided I allocate 20 hours a week or so managing her portfolio. She proposed that we split the profit, and I pay her back her original investment when all is said and done (whenever that may be).

Is anyone here in a similar situation, where a friend/partner/close family member realizes your ability to generate profit in this market and is willing to give you control of a some of their disposable income in order to make real gains for themselves? Need some serious life changing advice here.

Oh and, for what it's worth, she has more invested in it than I do, because I am a software student and focusing on launching an app in the near future, so I don't have as much money to play with. Give me your two satoshis guys, please!

submitted by /u/cryptocouple
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement