[Fundamentals] BTC vs LTC

As a newbie, I'm currently only investing in Bitcoin and Ethereum. I understand that both of these Cryptos have entirely different use cases and meet different needs. Though I've been trading contentedly on Gemini, I've checked out GDAX recently and found it to my liking. GDAX offers LTC trading in addition to BTC and ETH which is something Gemini cannot do. So I wonder: if I were to start buying only LTC on GDAX, how different is LTC from BTC and does this investment actually count as a "diversification?"

 

Fundamental differences between BTC and LTC Please correct me if I'm wrong.

 

  • Potentially 4x as many Litecoins in circulation
  • SHA-256 algorithm for BTC vs the less complex Scrypt algorithm for LTC
  • Average transaction time of 9 minutes for BTC as compared to 2.5 minutes for LTC

 

If my thinking is right, then Litecoin is just a low value "altcoin," and investing in it would provide no diversification to my portfolio.

 

EDIT: Added context

submitted by /u/hxcheyo
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement