A beginner's questions about portfolio setup

Hi all! :)

I already tried this post in a different sub, but I got 0 replies. So either the questions are completely useless (thought I've seen similar ones before) or that sub was not exactly "my people " ;) Thus, another attempt:

I'm quite new to the whole crypto-world (about 3 months, just like many others here as well, I guess). I started off with ETH because I just wanted to test mining and it seemed to be a very easy entrypoint with lots of tutorials. After also investing some (little) money in ETH, I added IOTA (I know, it's not everyone's first choice, but I like the really different approach with the tangle, felt right so to say).

After that I learned about the hundreds of other coins and grew a bit numb over the amount of research one would need to do proper investments (at least if you try FA). That's where I stumbled across ICONOMI (now "BLX") and I thought "well, why not focus on the few coins you understand and seem to like and let BLX do the rest for me?"

This is my current portfolio:

  • 33% ETH
  • 31% IOTA
  • 18% BLX / ICONOMI
  • 7% OMG (I'm aiming for 15%)
  • 6% ARK (I'm aiming for also ~10%)
  • 4% NEO
  • 1% ZEC (due to mining. I switched from ETH to ZEC just last week due to ETH-difficulty)

  • I also want to add NEO soon

So my questions would be:

  1. Is the general idea of "Holding only ~5 coins and leave the bigger part of diversification to BLX" terribly bad? And if so, why? :D

  2. Besides the fact that most of you would consider my IOTA-hodling oversized (which is just personal preference and likely not clever), do I miss something big or did I maybe totally screw up?

  3. It is VERY quiet around ZEC. Should I try to just mine it and instantly exchange it for ETH/BTC/... ?

I know, those are maybe stupid questions, but even after reading quite a lot here on reddit and other places, I'm not fully convinced about my strategy. Would you mind helping me? My intention is NOT to make quick money but rather to make a rather risk-affine long-term-investment.

Thanks! :)

submitted by /u/Zeranor
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement