/r/cryptocurrency Mod with history of posting in /r/Monero threatens to ban me for asking critical Monero questions.

I asked a simple question: How do they prevent Monero from being abused by criminals.

I got a shitton of toxic and troll comments as is tradition from Monero. Not being a buddhist I responded in the same manner. And quickly the mod got involved:

/u/trancephorm

Here are the 2 recent user reports about you: 1: Rule 1, Rule 3. He is a Grade-A Troll. This isn't his first time either.

1: He has a history of claiming people (he claimed I did) are sending him PMs when really no one isn't.

and that topic "Should we remove the downvote button on this sub to prevent brigading?" ... Don't you think it's ridiculous?

How about you chillout a bit? Otherwise permanent ban is guaranteed.

Seems objective. But again. Things got inflammatory due to the community responses. Did he PM those Monero defenders as well? Also why does this mod have a history of posting in /r/monero?

My reply:

So you're saying mass reporting by /r/monero is working even though I'm just asking critical questions? And no the topic isn't ridiculous. /r/IOTA does it and it works. This is a very biased reponse from you. Either you've fallen for their brigading, or you've heavily invested in Monero.

Have you seen some of the comments from the Monero community towards me? Either ban us all or get your shit together as an objective moderator.

Again he has a history of posting in /r/monero:

His reply:

No I'm not informed about your personal crusade against Monero, but I've just read some of your posts. Yes, you're pretty toxic and even malicious, giving false facts by the way: "r/Monero has lagged behind most major cryptos in growth and only recently has seen catch up growth again". If you zoom out the graph, from around half-2016, XMR/BTC has risen 10x, which is about 50x XMR/USD and it's actually one of the fastest growing coins out there. I see you're talking about criminals using Monero all the the time, but benefits of anonimity in crypto-space, are greatly outpacing malicious use of it. Honestly, your posts sound just like you're some poltron of the state, heavily dependent on the current system. I, for one, am downvoting such opinions actively and you're crying about being downvoted massively, call it brigading, and even asking for downvote button removal? That's just ridiculous.

As far as I'm concerned, you need to free your mind a bit and learn how to communicate in less toxic/trollish manner.

Guess I was wrong about the growth of Monero, which none of the community members bothered to mention. Instead just immediately going for the jugular. But also, why was this mod who threatened to ban me defending Monero in such detail now? Also no one is PMing me, but the mod personally PMd me to defend Monero?

My reply:

Holy shit did that just get personally defensive.... Do you defend any other cryptos on this sub as much?

Clearly you are biased here. And I doubt you went after your Monero buddies who always are the first to start with this toxic response. Excuse me for not responding like I'm the lord buddha. Your portfolio clearly is balls deep in Monero and threatening with full permaban is just silly.

Besides if I did give false facts, which you have politely corrected me on, why didn't anyone else correct me on that? Instead giving me immature responses of a 12 year old instead. Tell me, did you personally PM them as well?

Please do ban. I wish to see what happens when I send this comment tree to other mods or ask other subs for their opinion on the matter. Fact that a mod couldn't suppress their personal feelings on Monero, combined with the massive downvoting for the initial critical questions I asked which were very valid (before things went toxic), combined with the shitton of trolling I received of them which you haven't even mentioned only my replies, really shows why I hate the behavior of the Monero community. And this isn't even me mentioning all the articles about He Monero allowed X groups of criminals to avoid law enforcement. Victory!.

What is wrong with you people? Learn to take criticisms. No if you don't mind, I have this comment tree to post elsewhere and other mods to send it so.

Yes, I am a dick, if other people are as well. Why the fuck is the Monero community so fucking vicious? I mean threats of permaban? Fucking really?

submitted by /u/NuclearCoffee77
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement