Calling spreadsheet experts/nerds

Calling all spreadsheet nerds!

I got a spreadsheet on my own to keep track of my portfolio. But I cannot wrap my head around the calculations needed for when you use a currency such as BTC or ETH to buy another currency.

For instance, when you buy NEO for BTC for example. Let's say you spend 1 BTC to buy X amount of NEO. Would the price of BTC then be "locked in" at the time of purchasing NEO (maybe at 2400), or would the price keep going on/down depending on the market? So that 1 day you might have spent more money while other days you'll have spent less. As in, you would have to take the amount of BTC you used, then multiply it by the current price.

Real life example: I used 0.2 ETH to buy some ICN when they were low. However, on Kraken I can't see how much EUR that amount of ETH corresponds to at the given time, as my history just says 0.2 ETH. How would I find how much EUR that I actually spent on that purchase?

Thanks

submitted by /u/PessimisticKarma
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement