Disappearing and partial orders on Poloniex

I've recently begun trading on Poloniex and am tracking my trades in my own local DB to analyze my trading strategy. I keep running into issues because I seem to (somewhat frequently) have orders just "disappear" from Poloniex, or only fill partially.

I submit almost all of my orders via the API, and I've begun logging the response from Poloniex. Just yesterday I placed an order, and I received the following response back:

{'orderNumber': '40447XXXXXX', 'resultingTrades': []}

Then right after I check the order status to see if the trades went through and...:

Poloniex.fetch_order_trades(40447XXXXXX) ERROR:root:Error: Poloniex request returned error: Order not found, or you are not the person who placed it.

Where did it go?!?! This is extremely aggravating. I tried to create a support account to ask Poloniex, but my request for account never went through. Plus I hear it takes many days for them to respond.

The other issue I mentioned is similar. I will submit a request to sell off 30 of some coin. When I later do a check on that order, it ends up it only selling 10 of the coin and closing the order. Has anybody else seen or experienced this? It happens somewhat frequently...every 50 trades or so. How do you guys handle the uncertainly of whether a trade actually goes through, and if it does go through whether it will completely fill before closing?

submitted by /u/dolendulin
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement