Newbie here. Can someone please explain the difference between the BTC vs USD value for altcoins?

Hi guys,

Just getting into buying altcoins and it's a bit confusing to me because I'm used to investing with USD (which is quite stable and stays the same value). Since I am buying altcoins with BTC (which changes value every second), it takes a bit more thinking to see the value.

I understand that if I buy an altcoin at 50 cents a coin and goes up to 55 cents a coin, I not have made 5 cents a coin (USD). But let's say Bitcoin went down a lot during this time. This technically means I lost money right? Because i have to sell the altcoin for bitcoin, to get back to USD?

On a side note, I'm looking at these graphs. Why is it the at some points, the BTC price is above the USD price, and at other points it drops below?

BTC vs USD value

I feel like I understand 90% but just need someone to explain things well to me and I will be golden.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/greywolf1992
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement