Newbie at Trading - Please help me out?

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out here.

Is it normal to have hodl strategies to normally trump trading strategies (even when you don't sell at a loss?

I haven't really lost money in the sense that I've sold at a loss. But there's loads of times where it's gone higher than expected and so I've bought back in at a higher price trade again. It feels like I basically lose out finding entry-exit points of 1-2% gains + 0.5-1% trading fees.

For example I bought in a crypto at 0.32 a good two week ago and that was pretty high up there so I was eager to sell quickly once it went past. I tried my hand at the swing trading part. So far I've traded 10 times ranging between 1-4% gains with pretty much 0 loss sells. That brings my total to around 31% gains in total. Yet if I had just stuck with hodling from 0.32 to 0.473, I would have seen a 47% gain. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. >.< I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, whether it's because I'm trading too little each time, or whether it's because I'm making the mistake of purchasing back higher than before hand, or whether it's just a bad idea to try and trade like this during a bullish phase.

Or is it the case that in the long run I'll come out OK as long as the crypto I'm trading in doesn't zoom too far ahead.

submitted by /u/KeroPanda
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement