I'm looking to invest a small amount of money into a few cryptocurrencies/platforms. What are your opinions on my choices?

I currently have a good amount of money invested in Antshares, as I think they will be quite profitable in the long run. I want to invest in some other cryptos as well. I am a student, so I don't have a ton of money to play around with. I was thinking about putting around $100-200 in each of these. Here are my top choices, and my opinions on them:

Monero: Pros: It secured itself in the dark net markets and its key focus is on secrecy, so it provides a needed service and isn't just running on hype. Although its stuck in a dark market niche right now, I think it could expand to the rest of the world, similar to what Bitcoin has already done. Cons: I'm worried that some service will render Monero's built-in secrecy obsolete. There are already bitcoin tumblrs out there that make tracing them harder, and I imagine it's only a matter of time before a more advanced bitcoin service comes in and makes Monero useless.

MaidSafe: Pros: It offers a brand new algorithm and has the potential to really change how the internet works. It's supposed make transactions faster and easier. Cons: its been in development for years, and its price index hasn't made much progress yet.

Golem: Pros: It allows users to buy and sell unused CPU/GPU resources for low prices. The cloud computing market is worth around $175 billion, so it has potential for growth. Cons: The market it is in is highly competitive and cutthroat, so it may not survive.

I'm looking at these as medium-to-long term investments (6 months to a few years). I understand you guys aren't financial experts, but I'm just looking for some honest, helpful opinions.

submitted by /u/krelly32
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement