Tell me why "Tokens" are not going to be a snoozefest of bad ROI and slow, miniscule gains?

When you've got a bunch of Silicon Valley types flooding into the cryptocurrency world with their knowledge only of the stock market, and the creation of these performance-based "stocks" (which they're calling tokens), you've got a completely different world than we've seen on ICO's like Ethereum, Namecoin, Litecoin, Augur, from the past.

First off - what are the ramifications of having no miners? No client? I know nothing, but it seems to me when you have no mining, you cut out a massive group of individuals who would bring liquidity and incentive to participate. People vested in the success of the project.

Granted, Cryptocurrency ICO's have been one-thousand-percent speculation. Not performance-based like these Token ICO's, which remind me more of stocks than cryptocurrencies. What I am seeing so far is almost no movement (civic coin for example), MASSIVE total token supplies (averaging 1 billion usually - which is ridiculous), and ICO prices sometimes pushing $1.00.

This seems quite honestly like a methodology that looks nothing like cryptocurrency of the past, and when you change shit so drastically, how can you expect to have the same dynamic / ROI / massive % gains?

I hate stocks. I hate eTrade. I hated buying something and coming back 6 months later to see it had gone up $0.50. Its such a monumental waste of time that I quit after 1 month. Cryptocurrency has been a gold mine, but these non-crypto people think they know better than everyone and are trying to get funding for their businesses using a skewed model.

I honestly don't know if Tokens are going to bring profits. It seems surely nothing like crypto ICO's of the past...

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/BitcoinFOMO
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement