Wallet Bouncing?

I made my first first ever crypto transaction today. I transferred a small amount of ETH (0.1) into Bittrex I sent it to the wallet they listed in my account. But when I checked the recipient the received amount was 0.089ETH. I knew there were transfer fees, but that seemed like far more than I was expecting.

When I dug deeper it looks like the first transaction to the Bittrex wallet was as follows:

Amount: 0.1 Ether

Tx Price: 0.0021 Ether

Then it was transferred from that wallet to another wallet which the transaction ID was listed on my wallet history.

Amount: 0.08983405 Ether

Tx Price: 0.00258525 Ether

Is this 2X wallet bouncing typical, and are the transfer fees always this high, or are they semi-fixed and only seem big because I transferred a small amount? When I took that Ether and converted it on Bittrex to another currency the fee only amounted to ~6-7 cents, so much more reasonable.

submitted by /u/OneTravellingMcDs
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement