ELI5 : What makes the trends of BTC vs ETH so similar?

I have a small investment in Ethereum, and I have been trying to understand the price trends a bit better. From what I can tell, ETH and BTC usually suffer from the same swings, within reason. The highs and lows usually occur around the same times. Is this because most people's portfolios contain a combination of both, and they decide to buy / sell both at the same time?

In a way, I feel like one should take from the other, so as the hype around ETH grows, and perhaps people move their money from BTC to ETH, you would see BTC go down as ETH goes up, but I haven't really seen that yet, though perhaps I am looking at it incorrectly. Perhaps this trend exists, but is dwarfed by people who are moving their money into and out of both overall?

submitted by /u/house_nation
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement