Are ChronoLogic DAY tokens really worth an investment of your Ethereum?

As many others, I became fascinated with the PoT (Proof of Time) concept that the new DAY token from ChronoLogic hinges on, the value of time - which cannot be changed or altered - only the passage of time can impact it.

http://ift.tt/2hUr1Hp

However, I'm left with questions on if this is a reasonable investment. Let's say you only contribute the minimum of 1 ETH for the ICO. Cool, I now become a TimeMint and generate additional DAY tokens from 1% to 0.5% which diminishes by half each 88 days. While I realize the benefits of the DAY token, most of us want to see some value out of it. So far, I see that US citizens cannot invest for one (does this apply to US based LP or INC too, basically anything the IRS considers a person?). Two, I get 24 DAY tokens for my 1 ETH (plus I must pay the gas which is extra of course) however, while I become a TimeMint for DAY tokens - it seems that I can't have multiple TimeMints or contributions to maximize this either so I'm facing diminishing returns from the get go. To make matters worse, it also appears that I cannot rid myself of being a TimeMint with my ETH address until I reach 8888 DAY tokens! That could take more than a decade with the passage of time and decreasing ChronoPower!

Furthermore, these guys taking this to slack with nothing on Reddit makes me suspicious because from what I read in the white paper, at this time - there are no large organizations (or any that I can locate) which are committed to even evaluating the use and practicality of the DAY token. For instance, XRP really does have value but look at where it is now. So far, unless I am missing something - there are no exchanges that will support the DAY token so I'm essentially holding a useless token (and committed to minting it with my ETH address until 8888 DAY are generated). I'm starting to think that while PoT is great and their platform, Chronos (similar to Ethereum moving to PoS) and it's PoT blockchain is a great concept - who will use their platform to launch their own PoT ICO tokens on? Why not use the blockchains and tokens that already exist and simply use the CapEx investments made to perform the math for the passage of time?

Is there anyone that can comment on the value of the DAY token in the real world, this PoT concept with smart contracts and why it would appeal to the big players that could already do similar things (other than alter time of course)?

submitted by /u/tateconcepts
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement