What happens if a miner thinks my transaction fee is too low?

I posted this in r/Ethereum but didn't get a response, since it applies to most cryptos I thought to repost here:

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to crypto and am still trying to get my head around some things.

One thing I can't seem to find an answer for is: if I send a transaction, and put no transaction fee (or a transaction fee that's lower than what's 'acceptable' to a miner), what happens if my transaction never gets picked up and validated because the miner thinks that the fee is too low?

Would my eth be stuck in 'limbo' forever, or is there a cutoff point, where if the transaction doesn't get validated it will be returned to my wallet?

(And if it does get stuck in limbo - how does one ensure that they are always putting in a transaction fee that will ensure that my transaction gets picked up?)

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks.

submitted by /u/jimmy193
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement