anyone tried trading based on announcements coming up?

So recently I have been noticing that a lot of crypto currencies go up either the day before or the following days after a big announcement. I was able to ride the ripple wave which occurred with their conference the other month. And I was wondering has anyone else tried this as a trading strategy, ie buy coins which are just about to have a large announcement in the expectation they will go up and sell a few days later regardless.

So I was looking at this site specifically http://ift.tt/2kkNXkw and two good examples there would be lomocoin and Stratis, as they have had some large releases over the weekend, (I have noticed Lomocoin has already started trending up but Stratis seems fairly stable).

Now I understand that generally the announcement is meant to be priced into the stock, but with the lack of institutional investors in a lot of these altcoins and poor communication lines, I wonder in many cases if users just aren't aware until after the announcement is posted on the bigger reddit pages.

Has anyone used this method to trade profitably?

submitted by /u/freddiegrover
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement