What mistake am I making?

Hi guys,

I'm confused so I'm asking you about it, because this community has been really useful to me.

I've started trading a month ago. Following the markets, applying the moto "Buy low, sell high" and hodling when I needed too. Compared to a good friend of mine who did all the newbie mistakes and lost 10% of his investment so far (selling when it drops, buying at ATH, trying to do technical analysis), I thought I was doing pretty well: getting to know the coins I was investing, buying them at the dips when I thought the price was low enough, selling them when it seemed too high.

In a month, my portfolio, when considered in FIAT currencies, went up 20%. Recently, the alts pumped very much, so I sold most of them, for ETH and mostly BTC (using Bittrex).

Problem is, ETH and BTC are down, 8 and 5% in my portfolio, canceling most of my gains. That sucks. I mathematically understand why it is so, but I guess the mix of crypto confuses me.

What should have I done differently? Should I aim at higher BTC gains? Higher FIAT gains? What's the whole point of making gains when a simple BTC drop makes them useless?

submitted by /u/free_my_mind
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement