Explain buying alts to me with BTC

Hi, so I have a small amount of money to put on alts and I've done even smaller amounts before but want to ask on a few items.

To buy most alts, you purchase with BTC. So for me the process would be

Buy BTC with fiat --> Transfer to another exchange --> Buy Alts

Now at the moment BTC is going up, but the ALT/BTC chart is going down. What does this mean? Is the ALT/BTC going down only because BTC is going up? When I have a look at the ALT/USD it's not as drastic.

Since I'm buying BTC with fiat, is it better for me to look at ALT/USD pricing?

Sorry if these are noob questions. I'm just not sure if I look at the ALT/BTC price going down, is this actually a good time to buy considering I need to buy the BTC with fiat anyway? Or should I be looking at ALT/USD?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Adz86
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement