Optimal Trading to avoid tax events US - suggestions

I want to day and swing trade alt coins but I already have long term HODL positions in ETH and BTC. I don't want to create taxable events (based on my US tax interpretation...I understand if some don't see it this way but I prefer to be conservative with taxes) so I don't want to buy alt coins with BTC, ETH, ETC or BCC/BCH.

My ideal scenario would be to buy new altcoins with USD since that would open a transaction not at all associated with my LT holdings and also diversify me out of USD (which is the whole point anyway) but there aren't any exchanges that do USD trades with newer altcoins (such as NEO, BNB etc.)

Below is the two scenarios I am considering (with a lean towards the first) and I'd like any criticism or suggestions on alternate ideas.

  1. Buy Dash with USD and then convert immediately with shapeshift (Dash along with Z cash and Monero seem to have decent liquidity and size on shapeshift). To close out I would shapeshift to Dash or BTC/ETH

  2. Buy USD Tether with USD and then buy altcoins on exchange with USDT. Back to USDT to close out. I am concerned about Tether's reliability/value. It really shouldn't move from $1 but it does :/

Thanks in advance !

submitted by /u/lcarpetroncry
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement