Why and for what should I trade my Litecoin? (x-post from r/cryptocurrency)

Hello,

I am sitting on a stash of litecoin. It has done well, but is fading the last month and a half. I dont know why but I might look to diversify a bit. I have a smaller holding of ETH and an even smaller of BTC.

The way I see it is this:

A year from now, Litecoin will be trading on Bitstamp, (still be on coinbase) have an android wallet (still have an IOS wallet), still have sub 10 cent fees (because capacity will be 10 times bitcoins thanks to segwit, schnorr and its normal 4 fold capacity), have smart contracts, have instant transactions over secured channels on the lightning network and be able to do atomic swaps with vertcoin and maybe bitcoin (if segwit) over the blockchain.

So I'm really impressed with its roadmap (http://ift.tt/29g4Cix) and think that if bitcoin does not activate segwit its poised to take some of the load from bitcoin and if bitcoin does get segwit it can still benefit from atomic swaps with bitcoin.

So sorry to give a commercial for Litecoin but it gives better insight to why I hold it.

Now I know very little of the other projects but they seem to be rallying better. Could you explain what your reasoning is for your preferred coin? Why is it more impressive then what Litecoin might do the next year?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/fatjohn1408
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement