How diversified is too diversified?

Checking my portfolio today and realized I may be overextended a bit, with over 2 dozen different ones. A lot of them were just "tries" that I put some cash in to see if they would take off, and a few of them have, Ark and NAV coin recently come to mind. Then there are those that have been just kind of wallowing along with a slight raise or so and not much else, maybe 5-25% rise, nothing to sneeze at but not big winners either which is most of my portfolio. Lastly, I still have some of the real underperformers, ones that actually lost value from when I bought it, like Siacoin, which is down almost 75% since I bought it 3 months ago.

I am loath to get rid of any as it's always on the back of my mind "What if this coukd be the next big one?". Now though I'm starting to realize most of these altcoins, while they can rise in values relative to themselves, many won't last as long as Bitcoin has and perhaps it's better to concentrate in a few for long term value hold. But I see some of the great short terms gains that can be had when an undervalued coin is discovered and know there is always the possibility that something could stick so I want to keep them. What do you think?

submitted by /u/A_Stones_throw
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement