It is time to show others bitcoin is not evil and can be used for good causes too. We can make a huge difference for those affected by Harvey just by donating a portion of our profits from last 30 days.

If you wonder how you can donate with bitcoin. it is really simple:

First of all, you can use your Shift card or whatever you have and donate to one of the LOCAL organizations listed here.

I have already made my donation to Catholic Charities. You can also donate to Greater Houston Community Foundation by wire transfer or ACH. more details on their website.

I read in the news that someone donated 10 BTC, but I think we can do much much better, considering we have officially passed moon this month, a portion of our profits could make a huge difference for those affected by Harvey. I thought it is exciting to see how much money we could raise, so I also created a bitcoin address and I will transfer the collected money to one of the two mentioned charities above.

So far the only charity I know that accepts bitcoin is American Red Cross, but my personal preference is local ones, I also found Central Texas Food Bank on a list of charities that accept bitcoin, but I couldn't find anything on their website (I will update ASAP).

submitted by /u/em-zee
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement