Noob question: Are alt-coins on poloniex unaffected from a possible BTC split (except for the price fluctuation)? Is it okay to keep the alt-coins on Polo?

Dear Gurus, Noob question here.

I have most of my BTC converted to ETH and the rest to alt-coins (GNT, XRP etc); they are all on Poloniex. I want to avoid withdrawing everything to a wallet and then again bringing them all into Polo after Aug 1.

Assuming Polo doesn't get hacked or shutdown or doesn't vanish into thin air, is it safe to say that I am unaffected from the UASF and a possible BTC split(since I don't hold any BTC)?

I do understand the prices of all my alts may fall drastically, that's okay as long as they are not lost entirely.

TIA

submitted by /u/odiacryptopanda
[link] [comments]

Read More

Popular posts from this blog

World Economic Forum Bitcoin Discussions Validate the Movement